Το νέο BMW Κ 1600Β παρουσιάστηκε χθες στο Petersen Automotive Museum και πατά στο “Concept 101” που είχε παρουσιαστεί το 2015!
The new K 1600 B: emotion and fascination with 6 cylinders in the exclusive Bagger style.
The presentation of the “Concept 101” concept study as part of the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este in spring 2015 was an impressive new chapter for BMW Motorrad in the history of BMW Motorrad Concept Bikes. This BMW Motorrad interpretation of motorcycling on endless highways, the dream of freedom and independence and the embodiment of “Grand American Touring” now becomes reality in form of a series version of the new K 1600 B bagger.
As a high-performance, highly emotional and exclusive motorcycle, the new K 1600 B with the familiar 6-cylinder in-line engine and supreme 118 kW (160 hp) output, like the “Concept 101” study that preceded it, already embodies the motto of the “Spirit of the Open Road”. It is synonymous with elegance, power and luxury on two wheels and transforms every road, every tour and every moment into a particularly intense experience.
The characteristic streamlining with a low rear section and masculine colour scheme make for relaxed dynamic elegance.
In design terms, the new all-black (Blackstorm metallic / black for chassis parts and drivetrain) K 1600 B takes the form of a bagger, an exclusive custom bike type that is particularly popular in the USA. The characteristic properties of the bagger are its drop-shaped silhouette, whose highest point is the front fairing, the stretched drop-like silhouette in a “streamlining” style and the deep-set side cases with integrated US American style rear lights. New fully chrome-plated silencers run parallel to the road and are an organic fit for the visual appeal of the bagger.
Largely based on the technology used in the BMW 6-cylinder tourer K 1600 GT, the new K 1600 B implements its spectacular backward sloping linear design with a completely reconstructed rear section. This not only makes the bagger look particularly low-lying and slender, but also, thanks to the new rear frame, significantly reduces the height of the passenger seat.
Side cases with newly designed compartments and folding rear mudguard for easy dismantling of the wheel.
A re-design of the compartments in the side cases with slimmer covers and deeper body allows for particularly comfortable and effective loading of luggage. The rear mudguard has been designed to fold upward to make it easier to remove the rear wheel.
High visual impact and effective wind and weather protection.
The fairing of the new K 1600 B with its closely tailored dynamic windscreen makes the motorcycle look particularly powerful and impressive. For especially effective wind and weather protection, the side sections of the wind deflectors are stretched further back. Wind deflectors protect the rider’s hands. The two mirrors also match the design concept, ensuring a particularly good view of the following traffic thanks to the large mirror surfaces with an aspherical element.
Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA with automatic damping adaptation as standard.
With the electronically controlled Dynamic ESA chassis and its “Road” and “Cruise” modes, the new K 1600 B combines riding comfort, stability and dynamic performance ensuring an incomparable riding experience. In the standard “Road” setting, damping adaptation is fully automated, offering the very highest level of comfort and ultimate traction on virtually all surfaces. In contrast, the new K 1600 B offers very gentle damping in “Cruise” damping mode, ensuing a very high level of comfort at low speeds.
New reverse assist feature for comfortable manoeuvring and Shift Assistant Pro for shifting up and down without activating the clutch.
The new K 1600 B is particularly easy to manoeuvre thanks to the reverse assist feature. This is activated conveniently at the press of a button on the left-hand handlebar panel. Pressing the starter button initiates movement.
The Shift Assistant Pro available as an option allows the rider to shift up and down without activating the clutch in a large number of cases.
Comfortable foot rests for a “feet forward” position and optional exclusive forged wheels for individualisation.
A wide range of Original BMW Motorrad Accessories and options available ex works means that nothing is left to be desired in terms of the individualisation of the new K 1600 B. This includes the provision of comfortable foot rests for the passenger, while these elements can also be fitted to offer the rider a particularly relaxed “feet forward” position. Redesigned forged wheels with eleven double spokes each further enhance the exclusivity of the new K 1600 B.
An overview of highlights of the new BMW K 1600 B:
- 6-cylinder in-line engine according to EU4 regulations with an output of 118 kW (160 hp) at 7 750 rpm and a maximum torque of 175 Nm at 5 250 rpm.
- Bagger design with eye-catching stretched streamline-style silhouette and low rear section.
- Low rear frame for reduced vehicle height, dropped passenger seat height (- 7 cm) and typical bagger look.
- Fixed side cases with a new compartment design, rear central cover and integrated light units in US-American styling.
- Chrome-plated parallel silencers with ribbed end caps.
- Folding rear mudguard for easy wheel removal.
- Effective wind and weather protection with wind deflectors stretched further back.
- Typical short bagger-style electrically adjustable windscreen.
- Electronic suspension Dynamic ESA with automatic damping adaptation and “Road” and “Cruise” damping modes as standard.
- Reverse assist for even simpler manoeuvrability as an optional equipment item ex works.
- Shift Assistant Pro for shifting up and down without clutch as an ex-works option.
- Intelligent Emergency Call as an ex works option for rapid assistance in the event of an accident or in emergency situations (only in European markets where ConnectedDrive is available).